Saturday 28 May 2011

Mr. X

Dear Mr. X,
I am writing to you today because it is time for me to say good bye and get on with my life. The time has come for me to go onto the next chapter of my book. It is not easy, I must honestly say. But neither is being with you. It has been wonderful.  The road has been full of joy and happiness, and bad times too. But what is love if it doesn’t have bad times. We must see the rain for us to appreciate the sunshine, no? 
But now it is time for me to let go. I have been holding on, to all the memories, to all the little things we used to do, to the fact that I am so used to you. Those are some of the reasons that made me stay on. But we changed. You more than me. So now it’s time for me to let go. The little things we used to share is now history. 
Well, it has been wonderful, this chapter of my life, but not so much anymore. It seems I am just holding on to nothing. All we have now are excuses, we are moving on to different things…And that girl you had the other day, well I found out. I did not tell you because I don’t want to mess up our last night together. Today I will light up the scented candles and call you up to spend the night with me. I will fill the bath tub up and we can have a bath together, just like we used to before. I will make your favorite dinner,put on the music you so much enjoy, and put a smile on your face.  I will ask you to bring for me flowers, just like you used to. Just to rekindle what we used to have. For the last time. So that I can hear your hearty laugh once more. So that I can remember how it used to be. Then I will say goodbye. I know I will have tears in my eyes, I know you will try to make me stay. But today, I am intent on moving on. I am intent on telling you that the time has come. Time for me to find myself again. Time for me to be happy again. Time for me to remember how it used to feel…

Not because I don’t love you, but because the time has come to say goodbye…



1 comment: